AFEG is committed to Compassion and Justice for the women and children of Guinea. For this reason we have begun the Source of Life infant rescue Centre. This is our way of expressing the value that each life is important and precious and we are willing to help the most vulnerable and incapable of self-support which are infants under one year of age.
"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27 NLT
AFEG believes that people have a right to education and with this goal in mind we are committed to providing a means of informal education through a women’s community radio station, Renaissance FM 95.9. The station broadcasts interesting and informational programs in many of the local languages.
We know that poverty is not just a financial state. Being poor affects life in many ways. There are non-financial elements of poverty, such as low life expectancy, adult illiteracy, lack of basic living infrastructures like available water and access to electricity, lack of modern technology, the lack of employment opportunities, lack of government services and infrastructure, agricultural methods, transportation, water quality, and children that are undernourished and underweight. Our programs address these issues and we try to give people the tool of information to help them move past the roadblock of being uninformed to know how they can not just cope with the lack of resources but learn and then be empowered to change their living situation.
With this mission in mind, we will strive towards these goals:
The Source of Life Infant Rescue Center is committed to providing its donors with a reliable way to make a difference in the lives of orphaned and abandoned children in Guinea through a well-run, efficient non-profit organization.
- To advocate for these children to find loving adoptive homes.
- To find suitable long-term placement in cases where adoption is not possible.
- To provide the best possible emotionally and physically nurturing environment to the children growing up in the Infant Rescue Center.
- To maximize every donation received in order to assist the children grow strong and healthy at the Source of Life Centre.
- To increase awareness of the orphan and the reality that each child, regardless of physical or medical handicap, is uniquely created and deserves to be treated as such through local media and public awareness campaigns.
- To provide continual, quality educational training to all of the child workers who care for the infants.